728x90 AdSpace

Latest News

A Day to Remember


Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!


November 5th marks the day of the attempt and failure of the Gunpowder Plot in England. As popular as V for Vendetta really is, some people don't know what it was based on. Yes, ignorant people do exist in this world sadly.

I for one will be watching the movie again later on today. It's literally 2:53 AM as I am writing this so forgive me if I don't want to go in complete depth of the Gunpowder Plot, the relation to the movie, and my own analysis of V. After all, him being portrayed as Guy Fawkes leaves a lot to interpretation. If you really do want to know more about it, I suggest here for a quick summary and it also provides links to other sources for even more in depth knowledge/information.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage – no mere veneer of vanity – is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one-day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

A Day to Remember
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top